Friday, February 25, 2011

Procrastination... and Brownies

We've all done it. I'm doing it right now. I should be writing an essay, or running. Two thing I told myself I'd do today. But I'm sore from a 5K on Wednesday, and I really don't feel the urge to write about moral scepticism.

So I'm writing for you guys instead. Procrastination can be fruitful, as in the past two days I've done groceries for the week, laundry, cleaned my room and changed the sheets o my bed. I have even had a couple showers, painted my nails, and watched a movie.

It's not like I'm lazy. I'm a pretty active person, just that the mindset of reading week isn't necessarily 'catching up' as I have nothing to catch up on. It's not even relaxation, as knowing I start work next week, I have an essay due Tuesday and one due next monday, two presentations and a midterm.. and god knows what else... coming up, I still feel no need to get work done.

I write my worst essays when I feel coerced. Right now is one of those moments, and instead of forcing myself to bite the bullet and get it done, I'm slowly re-reading the required material and jotting down notes for the actual writing process. I've also got a new Cord article on its way. Somewhere.

I feel like watching another movie tonight. Perhaps an Oscar nominated one, just for the kicks. It's ridiculously cold outside so running isn't an option. My toes are cold. I don't want MORE frostbite.

I could clean the kitchen, or make brownies (lightbulb!!!)

and watch another sappy romance movie alone.. on a friday night.. But there really is NO reason to work on stuff. Nope. I could give more justifications but those brownies are calling. So is a fresh pot of coffee.

So as I remain perfectly calm in my chaos, thinking about calling Mom to tell her about my bursary luck, and my 'productive' week, I wonder to myself how I will budget my time come Sunday night. Because we both know I am not going to be giving my undivided attention to the Oscars. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment