Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Course Registrations!

Oh LORIS, how I hate thee. Loris stands for Laurier Online Registration and Information System. It's the website/server the school uses to register for courses, release grades and other lovely info. It crashes every year, several times a year when all the students of a particular year and faculty try to register all at once.

Tonight's case is third year arts majors, which includes me. I have a double major to register for, so that means twice the important courses, and twice the headache. If my departments didn't give overrides, I don't know what I'd do; luckily for me they do!

Logging on is not even the problem, it's getting into the add/drop area. I'm already logged in just to be sure, cause everyone logs on about this time. It's 11:52 right now and the hold is dropped at midnight (sometimes 3 mins early, hopefully tonight will be one of those nights).

It's almost like a treasure hunt, too. Looking for that course only to find it's a) not offered, b) not offered at the time listed on the main site, or c) full. All of these are just major impertinences to the average student, but when you're me it's even worse. I have two majors to register for tonight. Both of which aren't too popular (cultural studies and philosophy), but they have made a lot of cuts to class sizes and sections offered so it will be even harder to get what you want.


I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment