Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Never Say Never

Sitting on the porch steps, I'm finally here
This feels like home, to me
hair flowin, in the wind; the sky up here is a little bluer
I'm finally at home and I see
how the grass is so much greener from our side, and cameras lie
I don't know why you're where you are
But I know, that you're not here and the nights feel so much colder
I'm just a girl, with a guitar
Keepin on tellin you, how much I love you inside and out
I grew up in this house, and I know how love feels;
cause these eyes can clearly see how much life has changed
since you've been gone, and if you knew how happy you are making me
I never knew I'd love anyone like this
It feels like home to me

What i'd give to make you coffee, find out how you like your eggs
sitting on the porch steps, what I'd give to leave here
Because baby, you feel like home, to me
Hair flowin' in the western winds; the sky over there seems so much bluer
I'm finally losing it and I see
how the grass is so much greener from our side, and cameras lie
I don't know why I'm where I am
But I know, that you're not here, and I got questions, baby why?
I could be that girl, and you could be that boy
Who keeps on telling me, that giving anything might as well be nothing at all
What i'd give to let you love me, cause these eyes can clearly see
how much life can still change
Since I met you, I've found out what that feeling is
and oh, what's the story
I never thought I'd dream like this
It feels just right, to me.

Sitting on the porch steps, waiting for a sign to show
it's so easy to get lost in this limelight
hair flowin, in the winds of time; and the sky is just a little lighter than these eyes
I'm just that girl, with her guitar
Keepin on tellin you, what i'd give
Cause it feels just right, come home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment