Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I want my heart back

So I can love you all over again
So I can kiss your cheek when you're asleep
or when you burn the food, when you lost at poker,
or when you've gone and done it all wrong,
so I can smile and close my eyes
and remember all the happy moments we might have had
I want my heart back,
Just so I can feel alive again
so I can look into your eyes and see me, looking back at you
kiss your lips and life will end as we know it
and when we're upset, so I can cry and close my eyes
hold your pillow and pretend you're home with me
Falling apart without you, I'm admitting
I'm only strong cause we were always that way, through everything
You were my shoulder, my tissue and my Ray of sunshine.
So, If you see my heart tumbling around out there
could you please fed-ex it to me
I really could use it, when the leaves fall and the sky grows dark
The wind really does feel colder without you.
Signed, truly, always, yours..
Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment