Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Palindromes

that old blue ocean opens up to swallow me whole, and standing on this rooftop I can yell out
anything I want without repercussions, without pain and suffering
that old black night opens up to carry me away, and standing on this shoreline I can sing
anything I could ever dream of without any boundaries, without encountering
Should have been safe there, should have realized money was for lies
who knew it would be so tempting to let it all slip through, and who knew I'd have to pay for
everything i have done, up until now there's been no sorrow
but right now i'm the one in pain, minutes to midnight; or am I dreaming
I'd follow you into the deepest corners to find just what I need now;
hold hands high and no more reliance on the silly things
water down on my face again, the rain isn't going to stop
it always comes at the best time, washing away all the cares I have
I'd follow you into anything, and you used to be my discretion
now it's just the freedom of expression, hold my hand in yours
turn off the lights and pretend sleep; turn off the world for the night
my heart keeps beating though everyone tries so hard to fight me
make me ill with fear, and turn me into the monster; when I could never let
alone a perfect person like you, just close your eyes and they'll disappear
I wanted to be my own perfection, but everything I did was misdirected
mislead, and I want to apologize for being so genuine
somehow I got caught up in the truth of what i'm feeling
trying to be someone else is harder than it seems; it's fine
you can regain my trust with love and promises; in my eyes it's not the truth thats in the way
the only thing that is worse than that is how everything I want to say
gets lost on the way, how do I stop pretending
the only thing thats worse than life is life without you

No comments:

Post a Comment